Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Go for it...

Sometimes you just have to go for it.

I poked my head out the door early this morning and thought, "Dang, why did I blog that I would run outside today?" I went about my day hoping it would warm up. Ha! What was I thinking?! The high was going to be a blazing 26 degrees!

Well, to make a short story even shorter, I went for it. I did wait until one in the afternoon. It hadn't quite reached the forecasted high at 25 degrees, but I thought I'd live on the edge. The day was beautiful! Sunny and clear and not much wind. I ran the first tenth of a mile, then jogged the rest of two miles while listening to one of my favorite Christian artists, Robby Seay...on my ipod.

Layers are the trick in cold weather, and my face was really the only uncomfortably cold part of my body. It did hurt running north into the little bit of wind that there was. But, other than a little black spot on the tip of my nose, I'm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment