Thursday, January 13, 2011

Three miles!

Today was another beautiful day for a run! The temp warmed to the 40's with some wind out of the south. At least not the frigid north wind like Tuesday! I had planned to run three miles
this Saturday, but I was feeling it today, so three it was! I felt great! I thank God I am healthy enough to run. Such a blessing.

I was running slow, if you could even call it running, but I plan to work on speed a little down the road. "Down the road." Get it? Okay, let's stay on track here. Ha! On "track!" Anyway....

Winter scenery in Oklahoma leaves much to be desired aesthetically. At least in my part of Oklahoma. The trees are bare, and everything else that used to be green is the color of straw. Drab is the word that comes to mind. Unless, of course, like today, the sun is a brilliant blue and the sun is shining bright. That makes it all okay.

As I was running today and thinking about the things I just described, I realized that signs of spring will be here in two months! It put a "spring" in my step just thinking about it. I love springtime when everything wakes up and bursts with color. I realized that I can tolerate and even enjoy the gray Oklahoma winter when I know that spring is coming! I wonder how much it would affect my spiritual outlook if I saw my hardships that way; believing that the unpleasant won't last forever and new life will emerge if I just hold out for the changing of the season.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog Ashley! I'd like to run a marathon this June but I don't think can get ready but then as I have ALOT of weight to lose after Jonathan was born. I actually thought about starting a blog about my weight loss/race training journey... but... I don't know. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete